FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Greenland - any advice from those who've been?
Old Oct 8, 2002, 10:06 am
l etoile
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Greenland - any advice from those who've been?

From reasons that I guess make some sense my husband thought we should give our 13-year-old son substantial input on one of this summer vacations. The thinking goes that since he's started high school we can't take him out of school for trips anymore so he's missing out on most of our travel.

Well ... he picks Greenland. Actually, he first picked a kayak trip between Greenland and Iceland, which we quickly nixed for obvious reasons. I remind him that Greenland is icy and Iceland is green and he confirms that Greenland is what he wants.

So far, we've picked up a guide book and learned that wife-swapping is very popular in Greenland. And should a man present you with his wife and you decline, he will be very offended. There's also a mid-summer holiday where if you role nekkid in the dew in a park, you'll be cured of 19 ailments.

Anyway, before we commit to this little adventure, I'm looking for advice and suggestions from anyone who's visited.