FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seeking advice from the Experts on Bumping!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:04 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'm sorry but something is missing. Either your daughter is not saying something (not on purpose but just doesn't know it's important) or the airline is missing something. I'm sorry but a glitch wouldn't effect just one passenger and not be able to be fixed before the flight was closed.

How close to departure did they give her a new boarding pass? Could this be a case of not being at the gate at the correct cutoff and thus denied boarding?

I would ask DL to explain why she wasn't allowed on the plane. If they don't want to pay compensation they are the ones that need to show what the reason is. Ie what is the technical problem. Simply saying compensation isn't due doesn't cut it. Also point out in your letter EU261 doesn't require anything other then being denied boarding. The reason for the denial for the most part doesn't matter. It does not require the plane be oversold, and even most technical issues don't absolve the airline from paying. I would call and simply ask why your daughter wasn't allowed on board and if they give the vague technical response, insist that they give you the actual technical issue.

Last edited by flyerCO; Feb 4, 2016 at 9:55 pm