FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seeking advice from the Experts on Bumping!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:40 pm
UKtravelbear
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by cj1099
ok, my you guys are a suspicious lot, but nothing is missing here!! And nothing is withholding from my daughter- i am truly certain of that. She is not my only child, and i have years of experience working with children.

but hope this helps. On a earlier email from delta this is their excuse::

Thank you for your additional comments. I appreciate the opportunity to provide you more information and to specifically address why the compensation you are referencing is not due. The EU compensation you are referring to is only due to a passenger who was involuntarily denied boarding due to an oversale of a flight. Delta Flight 99 on July 7 was not in an oversold situation. Our records show there was a technical problem with the check-in system at the gate, and the agents were unable to resolve the issue in time for Kathryn to board the flight. Again, I'm so sorry for your disappointment.

Now, does this help clear things up???
does, this help clear up things up??

see my post above = there is nothing in EU261 that states that it only applies if the flight is over sold. If they IDB you they have to pay.

It could be because of a weight issue or not enough CC to maintain a staffing ratio or a number of broken seats.

Also 'technical problems' are also no excuse.

Write back to DL clearly quoting from Article 4 and ask them where it says it only applies to an over sold flight. They will have a hard time doing that.