FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to complain to Emirates/Skywards
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:12 pm
ioto1902

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by RobertBFarley
I am a silver member and have been flying with Emirates for less than 2 years. I will be gold in a month.
I had an emergency trip home from Kabul Afghanistan to Washington DC, USA on 27 Jan 2016 and retuned 2 Feb 2016. In the US and on my return flight to Kabul my bag was delayed for an unknown reason. 1 day going to the US and 2 days returning to Kabul.
Dec 17 2016 I flew home for leave. My bag was delayed by one day in the US.
Aug 29 2016 I flew from Washington DC USA to Kabul Afghanistan and my bag was left at JFK NY US airport for 4 days. I had food in the bag that spoiled and when my bag was "inventoried" by an Emirates employee the person decided that they liked several items in my bag and took them.
There have been other issues but I really would love to find a way to make a complaint and get a response (doesn't happen-if you can find a way to complain) and get resolution.
We are sorry to hear the mishaps RobertBFarley. Delayed baggage is always a stressful experience.
As I can understand, you had issues with your luggage 4 times : 27JAN16, 02FEB2016, 17DEC15 (?), 29AUG15 (?). You don't say it, but you probably filed a case and got some compensation each time. And now, you want to tell customer service center that "enough is enough". Correct ?

EK is not very well known for its customer after-service, but you can give it a try by writing through the website ("contact"). You'll probably get a standard reply, and if lucky, some miles.
This said, your deep wish is probably to enhance the service as you seem to fly IAD-KBL often. On this side, well, they may move if there are many complains. If you are Gold, your complain will be taken more seriously.
Basically, don't expect too much from EK.

As a final remark, don't say "was 'inventoried' by an Emirates employee" unless you have hard proof. Many personnel work in a airport. Your checked luggage don't only go through EK employees' hands.