FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:02 am
NZ_Flyer

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Novotel Century Hong Kong

Name of the hotel? Novotel Century Hong Kong

What is your Le Club status? Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes. Got all the benefits listed including an extra upgrade. Rooms were decent size, location great

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room and upgraded to a superior. Then paid for an upgrade to an Executive room and was upgraded to an Executive suite.

How are the rooms?
In definite need of a makeover. But in saying that appeared to be excellently maintained and cleaned well.

What was good and what was bad?

GoodLocation. Breakfast buffet. Executive lounge staff. Oh and the great rate I managed to get!

Bad Nothing really apart from the rooms needing a serious renovation. But I was out most of the day so didn't bother me - and that's probably why they won't do one in a hurry.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Lounge was acceptable. Very small. Maybe room for 10 people if that. Didn't go for breakfast. Canapes were pretty good every evening and never the same but not a big selection at all. Prosecco on offer plus a couple of OK whites and reds plus some beers and spirits. The lounge staff are really proactive at topping up drinks - so much so that you get the feeling it would be rude to get your own (which you should do as they poor tiny pours of spirits).

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Two drinks vouchers. No welcome amenity at all.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes. Got a great rate, but probably better places out there if the rate wasn't as good.