FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who Knows Downtown St. Louis? Trying to find hotel close to Hyatt
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:42 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Tim was kind enought to check out & email me the following, so thought I'd post it in case someone else needed it.

Sharon,

I saw your thread requesting Downtown St. Louis info.

I was in St. Louis this past weekend. I stayed at the Marriott next to Busch stadium & went over to Union Station a couple of times. The Marriott/Westin is about a mile (by foot) to Union Station. (I walked it when I was there last year--I stayed at the Hyatt last year). My observations on hotels that I was able to see are as follows:

1. Marriott where I stayed. The metro (stadium stop)is about 2 blocks away and Union station (Hyatt) is 2 Metro stops away. There are not alot of things (eating, etc) to do over by the Marriott. The Arch is within a reasonable walking distance. Rooms were nice.

2. Westin is next to the metro. (stadium stop which is 2 stops from Union Station). Lobby appeared to be nice. Hotel entrance is less than 100 ft from the Metro trains.

3. Drury Inn-Union Station. Very close walk to Union station & no need to go out to street to get to Hyatt. I went inside Drury Inn & they appeared to have their own frequent stay program. (not part of Hilton, Marriott or Starwood that I can tell). They did have an afternoon cocktail hour.

4. Hamption Inn-Union Station. (there's another Hamption over by the River--more than a mile to Union station). It is about 2 long blocks to the Hyatt. (a little further than from Pancho's to your home). If I remember correctly, I had to walk on a semi busy street & walk on a small overpass. Lobby seemed to be pretty decent & they appeared to have hot breakfast in the mornings. Hamption to Hyatt is still reasonable walking distance. (a 1/4 mile or so).

I happen to be in those areas so I was able to easily check out these places. Union Station had alot of restaurants/shopping in & around there. There were Landry's Seafood restaurant, Hard Rock Cafe, & many others. Plenty to do & lots of eating places abound.

To sum thing up. The Marriott & Westin are about a mile (two Metro light rail stops) from Union Station/Hyatt. The Drury Inn Union Station is very convenient & easy walking. (no outside streets). The Hamption Inn is walkable to Union Station and is part of the Hilton Honors program. The Hamption looked modern & a multi story building. (~10 or so stories).

I am sure that someone local to St. Louis can give you more info. I trust this info arrives before you fly to STL.

Sincerely,

Tim (chemist661 on FT)

------------------
Sharon

[This message has been edited by SkiAdcock (edited 10-07-2003).]