FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walmart Money Kiosks (2016 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:12 pm
chalucky

Kate crapped on my new Bluebird

Just got my wifes new Bluebird card . Just activated and tried first load
of $500 Sunny at Kate. Swiped the Bluebird and then When I swiped the GC a screen immediately appeared asking me to obtain supervisor clearance. I tried to exit the screen and cancel the transaction, but the software wouldn't allow me to do that...I kept being requested to contact a supervisor. My $500 card had been swiped so I didn't feel like walking away leaving that debit transaction hanging in mid air.

Three minutes later a supervisor must have noted my multiple taps on the
screen and asked if she could help. I said I was trying to cancel a transaction so she came over and entered her supervisor password...I noticed a popup screen right away with instructions for the supervisor to
look for abnormal activity or fraudulent loads with a gift card swipe.
It was only up for a second but no doubt their was some specific instructions for supervisor to prevent transactions like this.

Since I was only asking to cancel she didn't ask too many questions how I got to this place. So she exited out and cancelled the transaction.

The only thing I can think of is that I should have done a non-GC load for my first transaction with the card but I am not sure that would have helped.
I haven't seen this issue in the reading I have done so I was hoping to get some feedback on similar experiences or an explanation of what stupid mistake I somehow made.

Thanks in advance.