FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: Need 1,170 Miles from BTR/MSY
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:09 pm
joepercussion1

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
AA: Need 1,170 Miles from BTR/MSY

Hey all,
Trying to ensure my re-qualification for next year early. Sitting right now at 28 segments and 19,363 EQM. I am right now 1,170 miles short of the 500 mile upgrade threshold before Feb 29th. I can't seem to find anything worth doing before the end of the month. The only thing I have found sub-$300 was MSY-DFW-MSY.

It may seem minor, but being so close to getting that, I would rather just reach it.

Any creative ideas out there to get me at least 1,170 miles? I don't mind doing more miles if needed to make it worth it. I can generally only travel on weekends due to work/school.

I am looking to re-qualify for at least Gold next year (should be easy, but Platinum looking easy enough too). I know... looking at this very early, but since the second half of 2016 is going to be extremely unpredictable for me in terms of travel plans and availability, I would like to get as close as possible at a good value.

Thanks for any help that can be offered!