FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Award changes 22 Mar 2016 - incl. which incur new mile amt, redeposit, which not
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:36 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Clarification would be appreciated

In the Wiki FAQ

Q. What if I change routing, but use the same origin, destination and airlines?

No problem, even changing connection cities and number of segments. Laura Nedbal: "Origin/dest stays same and since all carriers are oneworld there would be no charge to change carriers. Provided again, the same inventory/award as ticketed is available for change."

I could not find any similarly SPECIFIC wording in Gary's original blog. All he said is Carrier remains the same, with some caveat - the caveat has not been specified. We also have the sticky issue on the "governing carrier" may need to be the same. As we commonly understood so far, the "governing carrier" generally refers to the over the water, long haul carrier. Gary did mention about the fare rules issue so it sort of implying that the governing carrier must remain the same.

Could the Mod provide the "source" of this specific quote from Laura Nedbal, in light of many here who have booked JL for TPAC and hope to switch to CX when CX F opens up for free?

So far I cannot see anywhere in Gary's blog including his replies in the comment section, ever addresses this issue, i.e. changing the carrier on the TPAC portion would be repriced or not.