FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Route change [speculation / observations] re: WN [next / recent] schedule extension
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:42 am
737MAX

Originally Posted by N830MH
Any new rumors, speculations, predication?

The next schedule extension on February 18, 2016.

I hear those 2 stations will be closed. DAY & CAK will be closed and they will shifts to CVG or CLE.

Any new international city? New domestic flight?

I can see FLL-SAN or FLL-AUA 1 daily RT.

A new city? How about JFK or CVG?
Let the speculation begin.
I don't see CAK being closed, SWA company culture committee has CAK on it's list of station visits in October. Don't think they'd schedule that and then cut the station but weirder things have happened. I'm personally hoping for double daily CLE-PHX as well as a seasonal CLE-SAN added to existing schedules, no one serves it out of CLE and I certainly think the market exists. I'd love to see consolidation at CLE but all of CAKs flights that were cut are served by at least 2 airlines now so not really anything they could switch over.

I could see AUA out of FLL since it's planned to be a SWA international hub. AUA being pre-cleared helps until they finish the new terminal. Maybe a new international destination for HOU. I still think CVG will be added in the next few years though.