FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:52 pm
Radiant Flyer
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I'll keep my reply short, my first interaction with the brand was at age 12, SF Regency a few years later I worked there, so I've had a very long relationship with the brand, as an employee and guest. I know the Grand DFW rates high, if you read my prior post raving about this property I mention that. BUT...in my Hyatt experience there are several properties that rate just as high, a few international properties that rate even higher.

I'm treated very well at all Hyatt's, I've had a few bumps like at the Park Hyatt NYC, but that is rare.

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Hi Radiant F you know I love a good challenge on my comments
To be clear everything's subjective and the eyes of the beholder and of course YMMV.
But lets look at their track record compared to other Hyatt properties including New York Properties and the other Hyatt's in San Francisco all of who I like very much
For an airport hotel and for Diamond guests you have the following attributes in my many years of staying with the property
A professional team with a friendly professional attitude at the front of the house and a management culture to make anything right that may fail.
Among the highest ratings/scores of any Hyatt Hotel in North America
They have come in number one before
More Diamond specific :
Upgrades consistently as available each and every time to a large lovely jr suite no DSU necessary and no need to even ask for an upgrade
Upgrades to the stunning presidential suite with complimentary wine cellar and free mini bar.Even on sold out nights and booked on an award booking ^
Double diamond amenity on select occasions
Outstanding breakfast typically no quibbles on dollar amount spent
Are you going to say the 5 star Park Hyatt in New York cough/choke does exactly the same?

Perhaps Andaz 5th Ave (but you must request and build your relationship with the hotel)
Personally cant think of to many other Hyatt properties that has that standard of recognition and I'm going on 30 years plus with Hyatt moving towards 4 million GP points
Some hundreds of nights in NYC and San Francisco in Hyatt hotels.
I don't congratulate properties or get gushy over others as some of the bloggers do out there unless historically they have proven themselves
Could argue that my stay there was better than the Grand Hyatt in Tokyo the last time I was @ Grand Hyatt DFW
There is Diamond friendly and there are those that exceed Diamond friendly
Having the Grand Hyatt @ SFO may make me leave the Downtown more if its good enough!
Which property wins in your estimation as equal or better in the cities you mention ?
Please share!