FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:21 pm
Dread Pirate Jeff

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
Originally Posted by SC Alum
Not in January 2016. The offer I received, just a few days ago, is complete 9 stays by April 2016, then plat til Feb 2017. Perhaps 2nd or even 3rd quarter of 2016 will be valid til Feb 2018? Anyone in the know, please advice.
Did you just receive it, or ask for it? I got the "Taste of Gold" offer last fall, and completed it and STILL ended up with just over 50 nights by the end of the year anyway.

So currently, I'm starting 2016 with Gold, and will always be at least Silver because I have the Marriott Premier card. But I was wondering if there was a way to get a Platinum offer soon so I can upgrade for the next year or so.

Should I just email MR and ask them for a "Taste of Platinum" or something like that? I didn't ask for the Gold offer, they just gave it to me after I hit about 30 nights last year.