FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Medicos out there? Do I need 2 lots of Hepatitis A+B shots?
Old Sep 9, 2003, 9:57 am
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Thanks for heads up sgopal2.

The Twinrix I got a month back was a combined jab of Hep A+B. A follow up now was supposed to occur and a booster in 3 or 6 months.

Other Doctor records I sadly can't access but he was always jabbing me with something. He was fanatical. I've been to the Amazon 3 or 4 times and this was a must as hygiene there is not great. And I know darn well there was a course of Hep A and B at some point. Grrr.

If I take nothing now is the first jab a month back of no lasting effect? My sister (who is not an MD but a operation ward recovery Sister all the same) says that they now feel Hep can be combated a lot more effectively with jabs than they used to think. As Kempis points out this stuff can cost a bomb, especially when combined in 1 shot. Can't put a price on health of course, but if I already had the shots it seems wasteful.

Yes the Malaria is always 'per vacation' - this one was 8 x Larium 250MG. Pre, during and post visit. I was in coastal New Guinea as well, in Madang and Port Moresby .. Goroka and Mount Hagen are too elevated for mozzies.