FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX DL domestic to International connection time
Old Jan 29, 16, 3:35 pm
UVAhoo06

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by ben237829624 View Post
Hey guys.

Having been disappointed with United for this past year, I've now decided to make the switch to Delta, and this is my second trip on DL, BOS-LAX-SYD-(Virgin Australia)-MEL.
I'm worried about the connection time in LAX. As I just found out my connection time in LAX is only 35min. I did some research, and found this is the MCT for DL-DL connection in LAX. I'll be arriving in LAX at 9:58PM and the departure to SYD is at 10:33PM. I understand that there will be risk associated with this short connection, however I want to make sure I do what I possibly could to maximize my chance of getting onto the flight.
What can I do to better prepare myself? Maybe not check bags(how likely my checked bags will not make the connection)? Maybe even pay for Comfort seating so I deplane faster?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Ben

Update: Just called DL and agent says its a legal connection and can't change it for me. I'll keep the BNE flight in mind if anything happens.
As someone who flies to LAX regularly, I'm often sitting on the tarmac for 15-35 mins at LAX because an aircraft is occupying the gate. There's usually a lot of congestion, especially in the evening.