FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Joint ventures making it difficult to book Finnair metal?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 1:15 pm
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I've been struggeling with where to post this bit of information, sorry to drag an old thread up.

My issue is that I have found it difficult to book flights and upgrades to Japan. If there was normally priced tickets, there were no upgrades and vice versa.

Lately I find upgrades easier to come by and I been looking to book. Then I get stuck on the the eternal issue of getting 100% earning fares to Japan, since AY webpage doesn't sell them and no OTA offers a search alternative that books K,M,P,T fares.

Anyway, I asked platinum help desk and was told that they will book these without problem if I call. What was surprising to me was they said 'call the platinum line' - I alwyas thought they are only supposed to handle membership topics and that revenue ticket are supposed to be booked through the pay phone number.

I assume even plat line will charge the normal booking fee though.

So is this public knowledge that plat desk will book revenue tickets?