FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2016 Shutdown Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:51 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjangoo
No not quite. AA plat only loaded buxx for the last 6 months (~10% of CL/month). It's been on the chopping block waiting for a downgrade once it hit its anniversary. Hilton hasn't had much love in the past 7 months because I already hit the 40k for diamond. Hadn't hit DC at all in the past month with the BB shutdowns. Before that I did sporadic MS on the DCs. 0.5x CL some months, some months none at all, 1x CL very infrequently if I had more free time than usual. Total MS never exceeded my reported income. All payments came from 2 CU accounts.

Been a Citi cardholder for 10 years and 2015 was one of the mildest MS years I've had in a long time. I'm 99% positive MS triggered the shutdown, but the timing seems odd.

I'm beginning to wonder if my recent BBVA approval had anything to do with it. They gave me a pretty large CL so maybe Citi didn't like my total revolving credit. That would somewhat explain my surviving account but I can't find any datapoints to support that hunch.
How did you make payments to your Citicards?

Originally Posted by missing_link
Given that level of MSing, it's hard to imagine that's the reason. That just doesn't sound that bad -- plenty of people do much more. Do you do anything on the banking side (e.g., MO deposits)?
Tend to agree the level of MSing does not seem out of line. There are something else involved.