FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask me a hotel question
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2002, 1:44 am
aisleorwindow
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hfly:
I recently had a stay at the LAngham in London where it seemed that they tried ripping me off on EVERYTHING. I had an upgrade on checking in (HH Gold) and when I checked out they tried to charge me for the upgrade. They had also changexd my rate to a RACK RATE that was much more expensive. They tried to screw me on internet charges and even overcharging my mini-bar bill. The desk manager was very unapologetic and it was quite surreal!!

Do these guys ever have a legitimate policy of milking every cent they can out of a customer??
</font>
Hi hfly-
Wow! When it rains it pours, I guess!
Just as you said, this really is surreal.
I am not familiar with the Langham, but I assure you that NO hotel has a policy to overcharge a guest. It is a bad business practice, not to mention illegal! To be honest I have no reasonable explanation for your experience there. I'd be interested to know: Are you a regular guest of this property? Obviously you are a frequent guest of the chain, which makes this story even more surprising. Either this hotel has very poor management and is really hurting for cash, or you just had extremely bad luck. You could write a letter, but if the hotel is really that poorly run, probably nothing will come of it. Sorry I can't be of more help. Find another hotel in London!!!