FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask me a hotel question
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2002, 1:24 pm
jsmeeker

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by g_leyser:

Not to burst your bubble but often times (including the hotels I worked at) the "superior" and "deluxe" rooms are exactly the same room. The only difference is the pricing structure. Have you ever stayed in one of their "superior rooms"? Was it any different? (oh boy they would kill me if they knew I was writing this). If they know you by name I'm sure they would take care of you if you wanted a suite (if its available). But you sound happy with your service so why push your luck?

I would be interested to hear if you've noticed differences between "superior" and "deluxe".

</font>
Well, I'm not sure which is which (i.e. is "superior" better than "deluxe"??), but there are differences in the rooms I get.

I call them "the good room" and the "OK" room. The good room has a larger bathroom. Toilet is in a sperate "closet" inside the bathroom, with a door. The room its-self has a sperate area by the entry door with has desk, and a little TV by the desk. There is no closet. Instead, there is a wardrobe. Space for hanging clothes, and shelves for folded clothes.

The "OK" room doesn't have the "toilet room" inside the bathroom. The desk is by the bed. There is no second TV. Room has a closet and a dresser. Its alos a touch smaller.

One time, I stayed on the Penthouse Floor. Room was like an "OK" room, but had different carpet and fixtures and accessories. Also, it had a large, sloping window with electically operated shades. I acutally prefer "the good room"

Also, one time I needed a room with two. It was a "OK Room", nbut with two beds instead of one, wit hthe desk between the beds. Problem was it was on the "bad" side of the hotel. The hotel has *no* rooms with 2 beds on the "good" side of the hotel. Is that common? Double rooms are usually not as good as the rooms with one bed?

I would never expect a suite either. I pay for a regular room. I believe I am already getting upgraded to a "good room". I would never even think of asking for more.

[This message has been edited by jsmeeker (edited 08-06-2002).]