FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask me a hotel question
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2002, 10:57 pm
aisleorwindow
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by obscure2k:
--How much weight is given to the "Guest Comment Cards?" Are they really read?
I can think of only a couple of times when a hotel manager wrote to me commenting on specific issues which I had raised--otherwise, generally, boilerplate responses. The most egregious one, was from the Hotel Bel Air where I listed a myriad of complaints and received a letter from the "manager' thanking me for my "kind comments."Morever, he was delighted that our stay was so "pleasant." (which, it , definitely was not).
</font>
I can't speak for every hotel, but the ones I worked for took comment cards very seriously. Every single one received a response. I apologize, but I can't help but be amused at your Hotel Bel Air experience - talk about adding insult to injury!
Comment cards should be used to find "holes" in the hotel's service. If 6 people complain about the same thing, the hotel WILL notice and if it has even halfway decent management, WILL fix it.
At the same time, comment cards should be used to reward GOOD service. If someone helped you out, write their name down. It is always appreciated! Serious hotel people LIVE for that sort of compliment.