FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2016 Shutdown Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:22 pm
missing_link

Originally Posted by jjangoo
No not quite. AA plat only loaded buxx for the last 6 months (~10% of CL/month). It's been on the chopping block waiting for a downgrade once it hit its anniversary. Hilton hasn't had much love in the past 7 months because I already hit the 40k for diamond. Hadn't hit DC at all in the past month with the BB shutdowns. Before that I did sporadic MS on the DCs. 0.5x CL some months, some months none at all, 1x CL very infrequently if I had more free time than usual. Total MS never exceeded my reported income. All payments came from 2 CU accounts.

Been a Citi cardholder for 10 years and 2015 was one of the mildest MS years I've had in a long time. I'm 99% positive MS triggered the shutdown, but the timing seems odd.

I'm beginning to wonder if my recent BBVA approval had anything to do with it. They gave me a pretty large CL so maybe Citi didn't like my total revolving credit. That would somewhat explain my surviving account but I can't find any datapoints to support that hunch.
Given that level of MSing, it's hard to imagine that's the reason. That just doesn't sound that bad -- plenty of people do much more. Do you do anything on the banking side (e.g., MO deposits)?