FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is 22k Salary before tax is good to live in DK?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:00 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by hordurg
Personally I would advise you to go with Denmark.

You have the change of a relocating permanently in the long-term in Denmark which would in the long-term give you and your future family a much better living standards.

From my experience the Middle-East does not treat other Asians very well, and many locals tend to look down on them.

Healthcare, schools, etc are included in the Taxes you pay in Denmark. You will most likely only be working a 7,5 hour workday, off all weekends, and probably at least a 20 day vacation (20 work days, so that is like 4 weeks).

I doubt the work conditions in the UAE would be that fair, or would they?

But if you are in this only for the money, and aim at moving back to Pakistan at some point, then UAE is probably a better choice
The Danish tax system is more and more like the US - you pay less (not that little still) and you get less. For example, the Danish public schools are not that good. More and more parents choose to pay for private schools and all the schools that has high scores have long waiting list.

A lot of small roads are now "private" roads, it doesn't mean it's yours, but you have the responsibility to clean it up e.g. fix the street light, clearing snow in winter......

Healthcare in Denmark is nice - but won't be for long either, there is a huge cut for the medical sector. It's better than Sweden for example, but again if you have $ you can get yourself treated in anywhere.

About living standards......I think if you have money in Pakistan, you can probably have a better life than in DK. Higher living standard = higher cost in everything including having someone to clean your house, fix your house, eating out.