FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:37 am
Jimgotkp

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bgh10788
Just returned from a 3 night stay here. Here's my quick review:

We set up shared shuttle transportation via the hotel. The cost was $28 USD round trip per person which was comparable to what I found exploring transportation companies. I emailed "[email protected]" requesting transportation and they sent the forms to be completed.

I used a DSU and was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. I think the actual room name was "Hyatt Ziva Ocean View Two Bedroom Master Suite". When calling in to request the DSU, I was informed that I would be in a Ocean View King (one category upgrade). Not sure if the additional upgrade was because I used the DSU, diamond status, or for room availability reasons. There were two large groups staying at the hotel while we were there so that may have played into the upgrade.

Other diamond benefits included:
  • 20% off spa and romantic dinners
  • Access to club lounge with premium alcohol
  • Ability to make reservations at a la carte restaurants
  • Tequila and wine tastings

The weather was beautiful while we were there - mid 80s and sunny. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and immaculately maintained. Lounge chairs were plentiful - we never had any problems finding 2 together. Plenty of options in both the sun and shade. Waiters came around every so often to take drink orders. As others have mentioned, there are only two heated pools - the adults pool and the infinity pool by the beach with the swim up bar. While we were there, the infinity pool was more of the spring break scene while the adult pool was more laid back.

We ate at the Italian restaurant, the Japanese restaurant, and the French restaurant. All were great, but my favorite was the Japanese. The ability to make reservations was a life saver as people were being told 90 minute waits for restaurants one night (Saturday). Other days, there didn't appear to be much of a wait. Buffet was fine for breakfast and lunch. There was also a snack bar serving Mexican dishes and ceviche that was excellent.

We booked an excursion to go whale watching through the activities desk. Got to see a whale "twerking" (slapping tail) and had a wonderful time. Picked up and dropped off right at hotel.

Only problem was being double charged for the airport transfer which was a little bit difficult to catch due to the final invoice being in pesos after being quoted in USD. However, the issue was quickly resolved.

All-in-all had a wonderful time and would definitely return.
Seems like you were there the same days as us. That Garland Sales Conference took over most of the property.

Had issues w/ making reservations at two of the restaurants. Fortunately, neither of the restaurants were full. Also, a family member and I went to attend the tequila tasting at Cafe Agave (?) and they didn't seem to host it even though an employee confirmed it earlier in the day.