FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sixteen Days In West Africa
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:57 am
DanielW

Day 3.

After a morning run along the streets of Lagos Island, I headed out and got some biscuits and banana chips for breakfast for 100 naira (~50 cents).

Shine Ur Eye.

Yellow taxi vans lined up.

A seemingly innocuous photo that managed to get me in trouble! After taking a photo of the stripes on the wall, a policeman down the road yelled out at me. Apparently the wall was surrounding a police station! He was a short guy with a bit of a temper, and was trying to get me to come inside the police station for my trangression. I was very apologectic, showed him the photo, but he was still insistent I come inside. A bigger guy was there also who was apparently his boss. Although he wasn't talking in English, from his tone and body language he seemed to be telling the more aggro policeman to calm down as it was obvious I was just a tourist. The policeman still wanted to book me, but after my apologectic demeanour and gentle resistance not to come inside, as well as his boss seemingly telling him to calm down, the aggro policeman eventually relented and sent me on my merry way.

Grains and oil at Sura Market.

No trading.

News.

It was great to just walk about and take in the energy and vibe of Africa's biggest city.