FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Catering in ET on LGW-DLM?
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:50 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jordan D
(my bolding).

CWS - Does that mean that the CE meal doesn't suffer from the usual LGW related shenanigans of being 'lesser' than the LHR one on this route? (Forgive me - am sending father in law to BJV this summer in CE and wanted to know ... apologies to the OP for taking this gently off track).
Since you get - for some strange reason - an extra lump of cheese on LGW, then no it's not lesser than LHR, in my opinion. Having just had a few weeks of AA First catering (same unimaginative meal options 6 times over....) I am delighted to be back on CE catering, since both LHR and LGW CE have some really tasty options out in band 3 and 4. No real difference between them, LCY is still generally fractionally better for their very few longer trips (and a lot better in ET).

I hope your father in law enjoys Bodrum, which I did. I slightly preferred DLM since it's a lot smaller, more relaxed and somewhat posher, but both locations are good destinations in my book.