FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nicest Hotel in Marrakech
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:49 am
vuittonsofstyle

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
Hello Everyone,

In between shoveling all day from the blizzard (the cost of a very large driveway!), I think we had a eureka moment for next New Year's: Morocco.

Since we are traveling with our son we want it to be fun for all of us and somewhere that would have an amazing New Year's celebration. I'm thinking somewhere with fireworks that we light off together (like Amanbagh over Diwali). Any recommendations?

I know that Aman would be very nice but I wonder if there are places that might have more kid's activities? Four Seasons? There seem to be way too many awesome places in Marrakesh. Aman appeals to me by the aesthetics, Royal Mansour for the interesting factor, FS because they are so family oriented, MO looks amazing, and so many others have positive aspects. By that time we'll have visited 8 Amans, 3 Oetkers, and several FS resorts--so I we like all those chains.

Any tips?
The best set-up for kids is Four Seasons Marrakech, which has a whole area devoted to them, including a separate full-size pool and a really nice, just-redesigned kid's club.

MO Marrakech are putting together a petting farm (small animals) as part of their kid's club. This is a stunningly designed resort with first class service and food - very elegant indeed.

Royal Palm Marrakech has a fabulous kid's club.This resort is geared to guests who golf, as it has its own pro course, but even if you don't golf, the food here is exceptional.

Amanjena is beautiful, but it is not designed for kids, despite the new kid's pool.

Palais Namaskar (Oetker) is bettr suited to adults - lots of water hazards for kids, and currently, just one restaurant.

Royal Mansour is definitely not designed for kids.