FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What strategy did you use last year to increase PQMs or PQS? Did it work for you?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:19 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
My main strategy is to add an extra short segment on each leg (which, for my route, makes the principal flight 110 miles longer and gives the 500 mile minimum for the short hop). It has the added advantage of putting me on a longer flight which is much easier to upgrade, which is why I started doing this. But, without the extra 5000 miles last year , I would not have requalified.
So you are saying instead of flying AAA-CCC or CCC-AAA, on 10 occasions you flew AAA-BBB or BBB-AAA, which in distance is 110 miles longer than flying between AAA-CCC direct? Then on 10 occasions you flew between BBB-CCC, which gave you a 500 PQM minimum each time?

If this is the case, would you also have earned 10 X 110 (1100) extra PQMs besides the 5,000 PQMs from the 10 500 mile minimum PQM segments between BBB-CCC ?

How much extra time did this typically add to your trips between AAA-CCC ?

Last edited by mkr; Jan 25, 2016 at 2:28 am