FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA to New York City - it's a winter wonderland here
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:07 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by tom911
You would love it here. You may have to leap puddles of melting snow at intersections, though. Ran into lots of those between 34th and 42nd Street tonight. More photos tomorrow.
Yes, that is an issue! I walked up to Katz' deli today after buying an "emergency" shirt for my extra day here in Soho, and things were getting pretty slushy. Some streets were fine, others were a mess. I did take UBER back to the hotel because my feet had it for a while. (That one sandwich at about 2pm was my only full meal for the day. I am barely hungry tonight.)

Early this evening, on Canal St (which was getting really messy especially going to the 1 line entrance) the suction of the icy puddle pulled my shoe partway off, and it was the first wet sock experience of the trip, so I consider myself lucky, and not too much water entered the shoe.

As expressed by Tom, I'm glad to have come, glad I didn't need to be home today, and hope the on-time gods cooperate tomorrow. For a life long Californian who has never seen snow fall like this, it was neato.