FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California {US-CA}
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:29 am
sethb
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by catalana
We will be in the SF area for about 2-3 nights near Easter weekend as part of a longer vacation. During my last work trip, I stayed at the Hilton Financial District and had an awesome top floor balcony exec bay view room. That view was memorable, but I'm not sure I can justify spending $100+ on parking downtown.

We plan to visit: Muir Woods, Marin Headlands, CAS, Lands End, Piers, SF Zoo, Presidio....

Can anyone offer insight on any Bay Area Hilton properties that are pretty nice and offer a reasonable or free parking rate that might offset what we might have to spend on parking around the city? Are tolls a cost concern? Or is it best to just stay downtown and use Lyft/public transit to get around to the non-car-required attractions vs parking downtown for a few hours after driving in from the outskirts of the city.

We prefer upscale or boutique style of property, but are flexible. Don't mind a nice ES or HI. There will just be two of us.
There's a public parking garage across the street from that Hilton that's a lot cheaper than the hotel parking.