FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which IHG property in Shanghai for an overnight.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:40 am
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Obviously, the excess luggage is a problem, as even the typical taxi won't fit that much luggage. If it's only one night, considering storing your extra bags at PVG (upstairs departures area on either end of the terminal I recall,) so you can use any transportation option. I've used a variety of IHG Shanghai properties before and after flights. Depending upon your budget, status, and time, plus interests though transportation in Shanghai is pretty good to and from most areas so not as critical to be located right near the attractions you are most interested in seeing.

I like the IC's best, obviously. IC Pudong would be most convenient as it's right near the line 2 Metro stop and a short trip to the Maglev station. However, it's not the best IC. I've used the CP Century, but the walk is quite long from the Metro stop. The Puxi/Zhabei area (IC Puxi, HI Shanghai, HIX Zhabei,) is a little boring and requires a transfer from one metro line to another. But if budget is prime concern, these usually are lower priced than the other IC's or Indigo. I've used the HIX Zhabei most as I usually get UPG'd to a suite for about 300 rmb all in per night. Their breakfast is OK since they added the egg station (plus other made to order items.)