FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEED ADVICE: Refund Nightmare!
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:57 pm
elbees

Unhappy NEED ADVICE: Refund Nightmare!

I'm almost at my wit's end and could really use some advice from some travel experts on this...

I booked 2 tickets from LAX to JNB on Emirates via Priceline. We decided to extend our dates on the trip, so I cancelled the ticket (just a few hours after booking) and THOUGHT I was cancelling both tickets since I booked them at the same time. That same day, we rebooked 2 tickets for a longer trip (with dates overlapping the original itinerary).

5 days later, we get an email from Priceline saying that a ticket has been cancelled by the airlines (Emirates). Turns out only 1 ticket was cancelled the day I booked (when I thought I was cancelling the entire itinerary) and that the airline cancelled the remaining ticket because it was a duplicate ticket.

We currently have confirmed tickets for the itinerary we want, but I still have 1 ticket for the old itinerary that has already been cancelled by the airline, but NOT refunded. I've spent days and countless hours calling both Priceline and Emirates - Emirates says tickets booked via a travel agency like Priceline need to have refunds issued by the agency themselves (aka call Priceline). Priceline says Emirates needs to issue an exception to process a refund for this non-refundable flight.

I'm waiting for Priceline to hear back from an email they sent the Emirates "reimbursement department", but wanted to see if anyone had any advice on what else I could do to get my $851.96 back!

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated (as I drown my sorrows in beer).