FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Middle seat diaper change
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2003, 8:33 am
birdstrike
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JS:
Because I know how to use the toilet, but a baby doesn't.</font>

Not quite the answer I was looking for. Of course since an infant can't use the toilet an adult has to take responsibility for dealing with it. To be more clear "From a health perspective why should a childs feces be treated differently from an adults"?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Speaking of stool differences, why is it that it's OK for dogs to sh!t and piss all over the sidewalk (or my lawn! ), but everyone gets all up in arms when they see a dirty diaper?
</font>
It is not OK for dogs to mess on your lawn or public property. Take it up with the owner. Walkers in my neighborhood are pretty good about picking up after their dogs. All of our parks provide free bio-degradable collection bags. Some people still don't deal with the dog waste appropriately, despite knowing what their social responsibilities are. It is the same with diapers.

Human feces is a more potent human disease vector than dog feces and should therefore be handled with more care.

I know from previous discussions on this board that I am one of the folks -least- concerned with environmental contaminants, but even I will draw the line somewhere

edited for UBB

[This message has been edited by birdstrike (edited 07-31-2003).]