FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018
Old Jan 21, 2016, 6:40 pm
sethb
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
The first time I was affected by a WX problem. Was scheduled to fly LGA-MSP-MSY (on a G fare) early Saturday AM and had to be back in MSY by Saturday afternoon.

Friday flights looked pretty well loaded so I kept checking for the WX Waiver to be posted and caught it no more than 15 minutes after it was up. Got to the DM line with a few second wait and the CSR put me on my requested trip through ATL but told me that the reissue desk would have to give me a new ticket.

The CSR at the reissue desk suggested that ATL could get pretty dicey for connections on Friday afternoon and put me on a non-stop with no fare increase (confirmed in F). It was well handled - another example of DL service quality.
On WX, they're very likely to prefer non-stops; there's less that can go wrong with one flight than two. Why did you request a different connection? It was WX, not SDC, so the rules are a lot more liberal.