FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA will not Short Check bags (but some loopholes)
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:48 pm
rosenkavalier

Originally Posted by Kacee
Most of the agents at check-in counters these days are contract staff and really don't know how to do more than stick on a tag and throw your bag on a conveyer. They also tend to respond with hostility if you ask them to do anything more than that. If you get a real UA employee who knows what he or she is doing, they can absolutely short check for the overnight. In fact, UA's published rules say that's what they are supposed to do ("You'll need to claim and re-check baggage if you are . . . Making a connection that involves an overnight stay.") The agents at SFO international premier check-in, for example, would have handled this with ease.

90% odds the LX agent rips off the UA tag with a slight look of disgust and replaces it with an LX tag
I was using the premier access check-in section at SFO (domestic terminal) as I was in C and I am a Premier Gold. You mean that domestic terminal premier check-in uses contract staff and international are UA staff? I would have thought all staff at SFO are UA...