FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Growth Announcement Week of 18 Jan 2016
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:37 am
akarneboge

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
On the code share piece, that would be nice to have all AS/AA flights LAX-SEA/PDX be codeshares but that's a really competing with AS on a hub to mini-hub. That's not the case on the SEA-ORD or SEA-DFW flights.

Some of these codeshares I don't understand -- for example -- SLC-BOI and SLC-LAS on AS metal are AA code shares. SLC-LAX on AS metal is not. In fact, AS runs a 738 from SLC-LAX at the same time AA is running a Skywest CRJ.
Boise and Las Vegas are not not routes that AA flies to/from SLC. AS does so it is logical that AA would codeshare those flights. SLC-LAX is a route that AA flies at least one E75 on every day that I checked. Since they do not have a lot of capacity one would think it would be a logical route to codeshare on but I doubt it is the most popular domestic route traveled from LAX so AA probably assumes it is not needed. On the code sharing on O'Hare and DFW flights...those are very popular and when I take them AA is generally jam packed on every flight. I would assume it is an easy way for AA to add capacity.