FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2016 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. (consolidated)
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:30 am
Peter_Ng

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nov11
Probably due to weather/snow at JFK last night. I was flying JFK-SFO last night and my flight was delayed for 2 hours. Other later JFK-SFO/LAX flights were delayed significantly as well for flights past 17:00 (my initial delay was due to weather at SFO and then snow at JFK just exacerbated it).

AA 293 (20:00 departure ex-JFK) became a "red-eye". Left gate at 00:24 and arrived LAX at 03:42.

And also 17JAN's LAX-LHR on AA 108 was canceled due to mechanical. They probably need the 77W for 18JAN's to DFW/MIA as 18JAN's AA 109 (LHR-LAX) was canceled.
I was supposedly on AA109 on 1/18 that got cancelled. Woke up by the AA phone at 2 am and spend the next hour and a half talking to an agent who claimed that she could not put me on BA F direct LHR-LAX (no J left) sin BA will deny boarding me at the gate???. I thought AA/BA have JV/ metal neutral? End up with LHR-ORD on BA 747 and ORD-LAX which get home 5 hours later. I am asking AA for compensation per EC 261, has not get an answer yet