FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:41 am
jiunsoh

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
- Name of the hotel: ibis Singapore Novena

- What is your Le Club status? Silver

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Happy!

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked "1 Single Bed Accessible Room", i was told at check-in counter that this room type was meant for physically challenged people, so they upgraded me to "Standard Twin Beds room". That was my first time with this hotel, i was not aware of this and i simply booked the room with cheapest rate.

- How are the rooms?
New, clean. I like the working desk, long enough for me to put all my docs, laptop and tablet.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
complementary Mobile Phone during our stay: a phone with unlimited 3G internet + unlimited singapore and overseas call (malaysia, indonesia, china, india, japan). i am so exited to see this included in my room, i checked not every room will get this device. it saves a lot of roaming charges.

free digital magazine:
install the apps called "pressreader", then i could download alot magazine/newspaper for free. then i could read them off-line. this only can be done when we connected to hotel wifi. downloaded all those business magazine from overseas which rarely available in my home country.

stable wifi: average 3mbps throughout my stay

late check-out: i was granted late check-out until 4pm.

tap water safe to drink: it was labelled in the washroom, i tried, drank for 2 days. i am so lazy to boil water.

free refill water: this hotel will not provide plastic bottled water, they provide chilled drinking water in these 2 nice glass bottles. when finished, need to go down to receptionist to get it replaced with another 2 bottles.

Bad:
welcome drink: only limited to 1 small glass of juice (apple, orange, or pineapple). we cant choose other drink.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? i booked the room for 1pax, so only got 1 welcome drink voucher. no other special perks.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
yes, will return.

Last edited by jiunsoh; Jan 20, 2016 at 8:07 am