FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird Shutdowns
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:11 pm
traveler02

Programs: rapid rewards
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
This is an MS chat group, with many new readers who often misunderstand how things work and come here for help, or end up realizing they're doing it wrong. It wasn't criticism but a suggestion. Just the other day some had the exact same idea and didn't realize they were about to waste their time until I ponted it out. No need for personal attacks.

Btw, regarding your original question. What you were doing is not in line with their target audience, AND you were making them no money. What underbanked broke consumer can load hundreds or thousands of dollars in cash and pay CC bills? They shouldn't even have CC accounts, otherwise they wouldn't be using BB. In their eyes you must be an MSer or a drug dealer washing his money by transferring to a friend's CC account.
I agree that there is no need for personal attacks. Maybe you didn’t mean it to be but your “better things to do comment’ felt like a personal attack to me.

I am not sure who the targeted audience would be but my local Wal Mart marketed it as an alternative to banks and all their fees. They actually called it an on-line checking account. They said it could be used to pay bills and get cash at ATM’s plus several other desirable features. The downside was that it would not be an interest bearing acct. It caught my eye and I decide to give it a try. At that time my bank was going though a buy out to a locally owned branch and let’s just say that service was not their middle name. I thought I would use BB until the dust settled. I found the BB card incredibly easy to use and liked it very much - much better than my new bank. If BB decided that loading large amounts of cash presented a problem why not just put a smaller limit on that feature? I also see no reason why a person shouldn’t have a CC and a BB card. Paying my bills through BB is no different than paying them from a bank account. In my case it was the more desirable option.

I don’t know anything about MS and I am sorry if I intruded on your chat group. I was just looking to see if I was the only person with a BB problem. You see BB didn’t notify me that there was an issue. They sent me an email telling me I couldn’t use it in International ATM’s. A few days later I received another email telling me my card was fully reloadable and listed the ways to do it - including adding cash at Wal Mart.