FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:22 pm
typical
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Welcome to the forum vxc, I hope you'll stick around and join in!

In general this thread is all about booking particular trips to maximise the number of tier points you can get for minimal money. Have you made it through the (excellent) guide at the top? If not, it's really worth reading it all. Hopefully the answers below will make it clearer what's going on!

Originally Posted by vxc
Is the general Idea to just airport hop and upon completion of the journey you will amount the indicated points?
Pretty much yes. As long as you book into the right classes of travel (business or first).

Originally Posted by vxc
Are these individual flights booked or some kind of multi flight journeys booked together?
Quite often these are return flights just like you'd usually buy, albeit with a particular route. But in (nearly) all cases they are one single ticket, not a set of individual flights bought separately.

For example, the return you quoted is basically just a return flight from Jersey to Egypt, on BA. Since it's on BA it's inevitable you have to go via London in each direction - in this case, the cheapest way is to go via Gatwick. As the line says, the person who found it was able to find that fare on ba.com.

J and I are both representative of business class. (You will often see "J" used here to mean business class more generally, but here it refers to the specific "fare bucket" on the flight that you book into.)

Originally Posted by vxc
is the above formula based on economy class?
Very rarely, since business and first class offer substantially better earning opportunities than economy does - key is the fact that discount economy often offers hardly any Tier Points, whereas business or first typically offer the same amount of Tier Points whether heavily discounted or full whack.

Originally Posted by vxc
What i suppose i dont understand on above is how can it be so cheap to gain so many points?
That's what we are here for