FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo Platinum 5x at Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2016 onwards)
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:08 pm
janetdoe

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by nfpa70e
When I call customer service phone, it says card is invalid; Online, when I punch in the CC number, I see $0 balance, I registered the card, still shows zero balance and no transaction.
If it doesn't show that $500 was loaded, then it was never activated. Compare the serial number on the back of the card and see the last 4 matches an activated card on the receipt. In that case, I would call the number on the back of the card because this is not the store's fault and the card issuer is in the best position to fix it.

If that doesn't work, double-check the activation codes on the store receipt. If you paid for X cards and only X-1 were successful activations, that can probably be dealt with easily at the purchase location.

If you have a situation where you paid for X cards, and X were activated, but you ended up walking out of the store with the wrong card, that is much harder to fix. It may depend on whether the store believes you or thinks you are trying to scam them.

The last avenue would normally be to dispute the charge with Wells Fargo, but that would obviously be monumentally stupid in this case.

Last edited by janetdoe; Jan 19, 2016 at 3:14 pm