FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:50 am
mjh218

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
Originally Posted by pWei
It's because Monday was a non-working day, and Tuesday is most assuredly a working day.

I agree that the hotel just keeps going on a downhill slide. Even things like elevator doors, elevator buttons are semi-functional like illicit a laugh from a host - "Push Harder". Plugs at the desk weren't working, and weren't addressed even after bringing it up to the hosts. I had to place my phone on the windowsill. At check-in, the room was inordinately hot and the thermostat didn't do anything. This was addressed once brought up. Other issues included the somewhat scratchy sheets, inordinately loud taps, leaky rain/hand shower and bath, and leaky, drafty windows (yes, all 4 latches were locked). This surely contributes to the room having road noise issues - like commercial trucks early in the morning. One or two of these by itself isn't much, but taken together, drives the perception of a quality problem.

Hosts can seem standoff-ish and quite different from other Hyatts - they are usually nice enough once you approach and greet them. Diamond recognition at check-in is poor and they can have trouble coding keys to stop at 4pm. They can still command excellent weekday rates, so I guess they feel like they don't have to put any money or too much effort into the property.

Dina Rata is absolutely horrible and barely edible. I guess they can make certain kinds of eggs fine (nothing scrambled), but can only serve them as a full dish with potatoes and the like, despite indicating that I only wanted eggs. I imagine if I wanted 3 eggs, they would serve 2 full plates of food.
Agree on the subpar issues. I mentioned the floor to the front desk and the guy said "oh yeah we know about that". It isnt a subtle sound. And definitely should not occur at a hyatt that charges several hundred dollars per night. I also agree about the thermostat. Despite fact that I set it to 68 the vents continued to blow hot air all night.