FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 SPG Category Change Predictions?
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:20 am
3rdworldresident

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jpdx
We've played this game in the past, and I enjoy it. So: What are your 2016 category change predictions?

I spent a couple of hours today looking at my favorite hotels and making some speculative points/C&P bookings. Here are my guesses for the hotels I'm interested in staying at in 2016:

7->6: SR Mallorca, SR Istanbul, SR Deer Valley

6->7: Vedema, Park Tower, W Verbier, SLS, Canyon Suites, W Amsterdam, W Leicester, Vana Belle, Pine Cliffs, Liberty, Suiran, SR Langkawi

6->5: Arion, SR Bangkok, SR Sanya, Goldener Hirsch

5->6: W Scottsdale, Augustine, Sheraton & Westin Maui, SR Osaka, Park Lane, Westin Singapore, US Grant, Westin Tokyo

5->4: Sheraton & LM Dubai, Sheraton Hiroshima, National & Palace Moscow, Brazil Sheratons, Sheraton Singapore

4->5: Westin Kyoto and Osaka, Lake Como, plus lots of domestic properties I don’t stay at, but that seem to be in the $300 range pretty consistently, like Sheraton Austin, Westin San Diego

4->3: various Brazil, Canada and Europe properties, Sheraton Macau, Westin KUL, LM Saigon, Sheraton Jakarta

3->4: Westin Tashee, Grand Bratislava

I’m not very familiar with Cat 1/2, and the rate ranges harder to figure out here, but I’d expect various Canada, LM KUL and KK to drop, and Sheraton Kyoto to increase.
W Verbier is already a Cat 7 hotel and for sure it will remain the same this year. (just my speculation)