FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Procedure after "randomizer" goes off at WTMD
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:55 pm
dimramon

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Procedure after "randomizer" goes off at WTMD

When going through the WTMD at DEN this afternoon, the beeper went off.
I wasn't told anything except for to "step aside, and make sure my pockets were empty".
I was then asked to go through the scanner. I stated I couldn't go through the scanner for medical reasons.
I was then told to take off my shoes and belt. I asked if I was not allowed to go through the metal detector since, for medical reasons, I couldn't do the scanner. I was told I couldn't and I had to take off my shoes and belt - unless I could provide medical reasons to keep on the shoes.

I was then taken to the back of the line and patted down. I asked the clerk were the metal detector alarmed, since I was wearing the same outfit the week before when going through security. He said it did not, and it was a random check.

I was wondering if the correct procedure was followed?

It irks me, because a few months ago, the randomizer went off when the vendor in front of me went through, and I was "selected" instead. When I protested at that time, I was told I was selected because the won't screen vendors...