FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR to and from Bangkok (BKK) - Non Lounge Discussion
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:41 am
kt74

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by umbyboy
I am flying from OSL-BKK in J and was thinking of booking a return ticket in economy with Thai airways to get to Phuket.

I have two questions: firstly, can I check my bags for Phuket in Oslo? Do Qatar and Thai Airways have an agreement?

Secondly, can I use the lounge when I arrive in BKK from the biz flight from Osl? Thanks
QR and TG do interline, but I've not had success getting QR to check through bags on separate tickets (YMMV)

PG will definitely check through bags and issue boarding passes on separate tickets on your way back, and in fact they're set up to do so. I suspect TG is the same, but be careful not to book the Thai Smile-operated flights, as they operate like a quasi LCC (only interline to Thai)

There are no arrival lounges at BKK for any airline. If you fly PG to HKT, you can use their Y class departure lounge, but it's just a waiting room with free soft drinks and slow wifi - no showers if that's what you were after