FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird Shutdowns
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:49 pm
illinidad

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
[QUOTE=Steve in Olympia;26028113]
Originally Posted by [B
BillyBaloney[/B];26027687]I don't think that I did (manufactured spending). Plus it is kind of ridiculous to change "the rules" and then a few days later all these people get shut down. The term "unusual" is highly subjective and not defined. If they didn't like how things were going, they could have warned us and told us what we did that was "unusual" and to stop doing it.[/rQUOTE]

I am glad that no one ever warned you that you were doing anything "unusual." As you posted on Dec. 10:

"When I load VGC to BB at WM I usually do several, and go to a different register or the money center. I've been doing it this way for over two years - and recently I had a nervous cashier. She watched me and saw that I went to another register and loaded. Then she watched me some more and saw that I went to the money center (I was not aware that she was watching me this whole time).
She wrote something on a paper and passed it to the lady at the money center. All of a sudden I'm getting questioned "why am I going to more than one register..." I didn't have a good answer so I said that it was because I didn't want to hold up the line...
The lady at the money center let me load anyway, and instructed me that I'm only to go there (no register) and to "do it all at one time." How should I proceed after the Nervous Nellie incident? Limit myself to one load per visit and that's that? Has anyone else had this happen? If you do multiple loads, what is your reason (that you can tell them) for doing so?"

And now you are shocked (shocked!) that you have been shut down!

If only they had warned you......
Getting the evil eye and Columbo treatment from nervous Nellie hardly seems like a formal warning from AmEx. Granted, loading at multiple registers can seem suspicious depending on the exact circumstances.