FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:49 pm
KLouis

Originally Posted by ringbahn
Funny,looking into my account dates,I can see that I`ve been upgraded from Blue to Silver in Nov 2014,upgrade to Gold was Nov 2014 and then a 2nd upgrade to Gold on 29th of Jan2015.I remember having gotten two Gold cards within 2 weeks in January,but I thought that it was due to their chaotic system.And the miles for the flight that made me Gold in Nov14 didn`t post until January 2015.
Regarding retention of status it says,that I`ve collected the required miles to stay Gold until 29th of Jan 2017.So I think they`re right in their view,that my requalification date is at the end of January and I`ll have to wait for the vouchers.Now I only hope that they`ll give me time until January 2018 to do my 4 flights and 12k miles for retention of status. In 2015,I had to do these until 24th of Nov.
You've written something that is absolutely true: "...their chaotic system". The reason I stress this is because you also follow a strange logic. Why should should you get another "free" year to complete your requirements? 2018 is in two years from now, and unless you forget that and you go for 2017, you're in for a big surprise 12 months from now if you don't fulfil the requirements by then then.