FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:49 pm
ringbahn

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
That would only make sense if your membership (qualification) year also ended in January. Most people are on a membership year-end of November because of the mass migration to the new scheme. There will clearly be some who've qualified later, perhaps as an upgrade from Silver.

I have a November date, and my coupons (all of them, not just the Upgrade ones) were refreshed then. If you're in the same position, call A3 and try again. If you have a January year-end, A3 is correct.
Funny,looking into my account dates,I can see that I`ve been upgraded from Blue to Silver in Nov 2014,upgrade to Gold was Nov 2014 and then a 2nd upgrade to Gold on 29th of Jan2015.I remember having gotten two Gold cards within 2 weeks in January,but I thought that it was due to their chaotic system.And the miles for the flight that made me Gold in Nov14 didn`t post until January 2015.
Regarding retention of status it says,that I`ve collected the required miles to stay Gold until 29th of Jan 2017.So I think they`re right in their view,that my requalification date is at the end of January and I`ll have to wait for the vouchers.Now I only hope that they`ll give me time until January 2018 to do my 4 flights and 12k miles for retention of status. In 2015,I had to do these until 24th of Nov.