FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:23 pm
jackiesyu

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Well that sucks.

I spent $5011 on our first statement cycle but only got 6k in points. One of the purchases did include a $250 AA gift card that was reimbursed so maybe that's why they didn't give me the 100k on our first statement cycle.

So that's a data point I guess, Travel credit that gets reimbursed does not count towards your spending requirement.
The bonus was not tied with statement cycle, from my last year's experience, so it could be your AA GC purchase. Although, I didn't check last year how many days after the $5000 spending did the bonus post..I just went to my account and the rewards transaction history only gets to December 2015 while the bonus was earned in the month of November 2015. My first statement close was 12/3/15. When did you meet the $5000 mark? You might need to wait a few days to be conclusive because I remember someone posted that these airline spending, even though reimbursed, counts in the $5000 spending...