FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Riviera Palm Springs, Tribute Portfolio Resort [Master Thread]
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:45 am
jredmond02

Programs: Delta Diamond SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond
I stayed here over the NYE weekend on points as a Plat and figured I would offer some new data points.

1. The line was probably 40+ people when I went to check-in around 6:30pm. They DO have a SPG Gold/Plat desk now and it is clearly labeled with the rug. Our line was 3 people long but it did still take 15 minutes to get keys.

2. I was upgraded to a Junior Suite and placed in Building 3. They were sold out according to the guy checking me in for that night and tomorrow so not sure if that helped in getting me upgraded.

3. I took points for my check-in gift as we had already made meal reservations so I cannot speak about the food comp deal they have been offering people. I was charged the resort fee upon check-in.

4. The room is big and I love the mid-century design but our room had some wear. A kid had colored on our white bed frame with crayons and a pen and we found used gum under one of our lampshades. Just in general the place is not gross but you can tell it has some life in it.

5. The main pool area between most of the buildings was open and pool is heated. We made great use of the hot tub over the weekend. A++ in these categories. I went to investigate the other pool/hot tub for the sake of this review in-between the other buildings and it was closed for maintenance.

6. I opted to "Make A Green Choice" and noticed in the morning that I had no card placed under the door. I approached the desk in the AM and mentioned this to them and they informed me they had no cards yet but I was noted in the system. As of 1/14 no points have posted to the account so a call is going have to happen to earn those it looks like.

7. The self parking lot was easy and close to our building and even at full capacity I found plenty of spaces. I have an oversized luxury coupe that couldn't fit into the spots so they are a little on the small side.

8. I think this location is great - not sure about the negative comments on this. Short of the Hyatt I don't think you can get much better. You are just a minute from the heart of downtown/main drag. An Albertsons (grocery store) is even close by going the other way from DT for any last minute needs.

9. As far as SPG hotels in Palm Springs - I would come back. The two Westin's are just way too far from actual PS area. If Le Parker is in your budget stay there - if not - this is a great alternative. It seems they are slowly getting into the groove of being a SPG hotel so I imagine soon it will be smooth.

Last edited by jredmond02; Jan 15, 2016 at 2:39 am Reason: added info