FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do You Know Who I Am at Transportation Security Administration Airport Checkpoints
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:30 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by jsk1973
I hate jerks, but I'm in favor of more DYKWIA behavior relating to TSA PRE line closures. The whole point of having TSA PRE is to be able to get to the airport later, but these closures wreak havoc on that ability. I didn't get TSA PRE (well, Global Entry) so I could get to the airport the same two hours early, speed through security, and then sit for 90+ minutes.
Agree. At EWR even at 2 in the afternoon the precheck lane is never open (I've had to wait 15+ minutes a couple times to get through security at EWR) and I flew out at 3 in the afternoon the Sunday of thanksgiving weekend from MIA and precheck was closed there that day.

Fortunately everytime precheck has been closed I have been allowed to go through the WMD (I wear an insulin pump and CGM that can't be worn through the nude-o-scope and would require a hand pat down which is something else I want to avoid). Another thing that irritates me is when the precheck lines are long and you are behind a lot of people who got it on their boarding pass at random and are clueless. I didn't go through the background check and pay that money for a TTN to get behind a lot of people who are clueless and didn't pay anything and holding up the line.

I wish they would limit precheck to those who have a TTN and if the precheck lane is closed shuffle the people with precheck on their boarding pass to the front of the line and allow shoes to remain on and use the WMD