FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Funding new bank accounts with money orders
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:21 pm
NoonRadar

Originally Posted by Fly1Away1
I never been put on chexsystems myself but I have experience with chexsystems. When you go to open an account, chexsystems is ran. Chexsystems either says YES or NO. If the results says NO, the bank won't open an account for you. The manager at the bank can override the chexsystems but most likely they will say NO too because they are basically putting their job on the line to override the system. If it's NO at 1 bank, it will be NO at another bank.
ChexSystems reports are sort of like a credit report for bank accts, they don't just have yes or no, they have inquiries, prob acct opened and closed, and how they were closed. I'm sure if the acct was closed from the bank with a remark as fraudulent or something like that, no bank will open another acct for you for X amount of years. But there might be other type of negative remarks and/or closures that might have different kinds of impacts, besides the NO from all banks that you're referring to.

For instance, some banks might just deny an acct because you have too many new accts recently, I routinely see such reports on forums.